Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Left or Right!?


No matter the road I take I know the destination will be amazing! As your reading this please don't feel sorry for me or in Texas some my say "bess your little heart." Dont feel bad or ask how do I handle this I know it has something to do with the man up stairs. So lets start with at story...I sure do love a story good or bad!

When I was on my family vacation to Washington D.C. in 2007 I got my first migraine and I remember my mom letting me sleep on a bench at The Arlington National cemetery. Rought day to say the least once returning home I try to return to normal my that was never something that would happen. So three months after that migriaine, I was still having them and my mom took me to a neurologist. The diagnose was Pseudotumor Cerebia. They gave me steroids and diamox (water removal pill). They also did a spinal tap to see what the pressure was measuring in my head.

Pseudotumor cerebri (PC)  literally means "false brain tumor." It is likely due to high pressure within the skull caused by the buildup or poor absorption of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). The disorder is most common in women between the ages of 20 and 50. Symptoms of pseudotumor cerebri, which include headache, nausea, vomiting, and pulsating sounds within the head, closely mimic symptoms of large brain tumors. I had all of those symptoms. When I was being woken up my mom I would say to her to turn off the vacuum that was on my ears. I literally thought my head was going to explode and there was nothing anybody was going to do about it. This doctor who diagnosed me with OC was a least the 6th or 7th one. I have had 3 spinal taps and all of them where over 30 and normal in less then 10. I am very thankful tht there has been no lasting damage to mys eyes or brain. 

But as of September 18th I have been battling PC. And yes I am winning. The thing is there no cure, just treatment and remission. I believe it was caught very early because the only symptoms where headaches and migraines which felt better after laying flat for some time. I also had this rushing noise inside my head like a airplane was fixing to take off.  I am also thankful That I was in remission since September of 2008.  For right now I have choose to treat it with at water pill, Diamox. I NOT my favorite drug but it better then a spinal tap. I want to thank y'all for reading this post and know I appreciate your thoughts and prays. Please know I will be ok and this is not a set back just something to keep me ground and reminded me what really matters I this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment