Saturday, June 23, 2012

A day in the Life of Migraineur

This is a typical day for me when I have a migraine. If I have to go to work or school I am up by 7 at the latest. I can normal base the night before how I will be feeling in the morning. So when I first wake up I decide whether I need to shower to wake up or not. I sometime have to shower to loosen up and ease the pain. Then I take my anti-seizure and/or muscle relaxer. And then I eat breakfast and because I have food triggers I usually have something with whole grain or fruits. I normally start the day off at a four or a five. As the day goes on I become in more and more pain. By noon I am normal in enough pain where I need to rest in the dark or nap. This isn't always easy to do and sometime I have to push through the pain. By the end of the day I am wide out but the sad part is that I can't sleep due to the pain or insomnia. By the end of the day I am at a eight or nine. The pain of the migraine is a dull and achy pain. Something it can be sharp and on one side of my head. But this is just the pain in my head. Sometime the pain is behind my eyes and it just feel like someone is trying to push my eye balls out. When I have a migraine my whole body hurts all over. Not only does my body hurt but lights and sounds hurt. It hurt to hear the sounds and to see any lights. It a kind of  piercing pain that hurts way in the brain. There is also other thing that come along with migraines. Some symptom that I have along with migraine, is dizziness, ring of the ears, numbness in my arms and legs, muscle cramps, this list could really go on. This side effect that come from my migraine are hard to deal with alone. 
Migraines are very hard to deal. Along with the fact that no body really understand what we are going through. Not only is having migraines hard but the days recovering for a migraine are also hard and debilitating. I have struggle with migraine for the six years and It not the easiest thing I have done. I have had a lot of ups and downs. I spent a lot of my day in my bedroom trying to sleep away the pain. The days I do go out I have to be sure I have medicine in case I get a bad migraine. I am proud to say that I am a would traveler and manged to earn my Silver and Gold award through Girl scout. I never let my migraine stop me from doing what I want to do in life. I will also be fight against them for my dreams no mater how big or small.


This is me in Switzerland in 2011.

Some of my art work to remind myself to Live Life to the Fullest

This is a picture that I took. I love taking photograph of the great outdoors

This is me on a life flight tour on the top of a hospital in Houston Medical Center

Me on a boat in Germany in 2009

  I love to travel and I try and let nothing stop me

I show chickens in High School. This in 2010 when I was ninth place in  Houston Livestock show and rodeo. This was a very proud moment for me.



This is something I found online. That I like and find really true. 
I hope this post is helpful to everyone and that your pain free.

No comments:

Post a Comment